Updated: Feb 10
By: Sanja Ganja
Tired of scrolling through endless repetitive post of new year's resolutions that are forgotten about after March? Set realistic goals that fit your lifestyle and start on day one of January. You can’t go wrong with a “Lit” resolutions list that’s fun and easy to maintain. Launch into the new year as a responsible, educated, and refreshed stoner.
• EAT HEALTHIER MUNCHIES: Trying not to eat chocolate and rice krispy treats for munchies can be harder than running a marathon. If you’re craving sweets, try replacing the junk with fruit. Almonds and an avocado is a quick and easy to make snack loaded with nutrients. First, cut the avocado in half and throw out the seed. Finally, just add pepper and almonds. For an extra boost potassium and vitamin E, sprinkle hemp seeds on top and enjoy! Your receptors will be in love with the fatty acids and healthy fat this snack gifts.
• WEEK LONG TOLERANCE BREAK: Part of being a responsible adult that medicates is knowing your body. Since the brink of legalization, people have been cozy with all the various strains and products. Spoiled much? Yes! Overtime, overall tolerance can deplete making you buy more and more weed, emptying your pockets. Taking a one week break can eliminate this money pit and recharge your brain cells while allowing your tolerance to return back to normal. During this period, CBD is encouraged for any anxiety, stress, or lack of sleep.
• STOP POCKETING LIGHTERS: Sometimes, you need to hide your lighters before having friends over. After the sesh, the three new lighters from your favorite dispensary will disappear while your friends go home with three new lighters being the accidental culprit. Your friends will find you less annoying if you stop this pet peeve literally everyone ever born has! Buy your own lighter leash so you aren’t taking others!
• LEARN TO GROW YOUR OWN WEED: Growing your own supply doesn’t exactly save you tons of money, but it will give you a new sense of accomplishment for the new year. Why not add another hobby to your life, one that you know will be of good use. The equipment is affordable and available at your local grow supply shop, and most dispensaries carry clones or seeds you can take home. Starting small and testing your green thumb is important so you can learn from your mistakes. Once you’ve become an expert with your one baby plant then raise it to three. Depending on the laws within your state, you may be able to grow more!
• LEARN HOW TO MAKE EDIBLES: I love this resolution simply because once you learn to make your own edibles, you’ll never want to stop cooking. In addition to feeding yourself, you can show off your new skills while teaching your friends. Bake with your family and add CBD butter to give them an introduction to the cannabis family. Using a magic butter machine can help any beginner become a pro. Throw on a youtube tutorial and get highly baked!
• FIGHT FOR LEGALIZATION IN YOUR STATE: The world can always use another productive pothead and nothing screams role model like an advocate. Even if your state is already legal, the politics of hemp and cannabis are forever evolving. Helping your state officials advocate can help speed up the process of cannabis education for all!
• ATTEND A CANNABIS CONVENTION: There are so many cannabis related events everywhere, but attending a convention is full of education and opportunity! Conventions showcase various types of products, so network with some of your favorite brands and discover new ones. Cannabis and hemp conventions are complete with cool swag and really interesting people who are all involved in cannabis and hemp. Taking advantage of these educational events can further your knowledge and career or could launch you into a new one. Budtenders can learn more about the latest POS system. Concentrate lovers have the opportunity to buy oil machines at discounted prices. It's a paradise for businesses and consumers alike.
• LEARN A MJ FACT DAILY: This is probably the easiest resolution since all you need to do is open your phone and type in a question or look up a cannabis fact on leafly.com. Learn something new about your favorite strain. Discover blogs about the latest technology for growing or look up past high time cannabis cup winners! There is so much to learn, so start in the new year!
Blow into the new year like a breeze of fresh diesel. Stay confident in the fact that you’re a conscious toker, always searching for new ways to stay responsible and educated in this ever changing world. Pass this list to your toker friends and spread the education like wildfire!